Home > About us > Robert Sainsbury
Telephone: 01787 242806
Robert was born and brought up in Cambridge where his first connections with agriculture were through the University farm where his father taught Animal Health and Welfare as a veterinary surgeon.
He joined Bates Wells & Braithwaite from an Ipswich firm in 2003, having worked in East Anglia since qualifying in 1984 when he was articled at Ruston & Lloyd in Newmarket.
He has many years experience of rural property and commercial work having acted for large and small developers, property investors on their commercial lettings and for property owners and businesses on their residential and commercial property transactions. Robert now specialises in agricultural and commercial conveyancing.
He is a member of the Agricultural Law Association and will be able to complete your property transaction for you in a friendly and efficient manner and where needed provide helpful advice from his many years of practical experience of such transactions. Robert also has a network of contacts in the region when other specialist advice or assistance is required.
His recent transactions include:
- The sale of a residential development site including negotiations on the Section 106 Agreement with the Local Authority.
- The sale of a large arable farm
- Purchase of new industrial units and their subsequent letting
- Sale of a public house and shop
- Acquisition of a development site for construction of dwellings and their subsequent sale
How can I help?
- He is only a phone call or e-mail away and will be pleased to either answer an initial enquiry or take your instructions.
- Acquisition and sale of agricultural land and farms
- Farm business tenancies
- The acquisition and sale of development land
- Option agreements
- Commercial property and leases
- The acquisition and sale of licensed premises hotels shops and other rural businesses
Click here to read more about Rural Business Matters
You can contact Robert direct by completing this form below